Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pizza Muffins

It's "Time For Tea" at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC). This week is all about tea, either hot or cold, or any savoury and sweet dishes or snacks that are perfect with a cuppa tea. That is easy! There are lots of recipes from Donna Hay that are just perfect for tea, and it is actually quite difficult for me to narrow it to just one, finally decided to make these Pizza Muffins, as I happen to have all the ingredients at hand and also because it has been quite awhile since I last made any savoury muffins. And muffins always goes well together with a cup of warm tea, for me, one of favourite, Earl Grey tea.



Just like any other muffins, these are made in just minutes. Ingredients that can be found in your favourite pizza, pineapple, ham, cheese, tomato paste, it's all in these muffins. More cheese are sprinkled over before baking, and while these are baking, the cheezy aroma filled the kitchen! I've made half a recipe and got 7 muffins.


Freshly baked Pizza Muffins. It's time for tea!



Eaten while still warm, the top crust is cheesy-crispy. The texure is soft and moist, sweet pineapple with salty ham and cheese, really good, with a cup of warm tea. Maybe the next time, I might add some chopped onions, capsicum and oregano herbs, for that extra pizza feel!

Want to join me for a cuppa?


Pizza Muffin
(adapted from : donnahay.com)
3 cups (450gm) self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 cups (180gm) grated cheddar
150gm ham, chopped
2/3 cup (150gm) chopped pineapple, drained
2/3 cup (160ml) vegetable oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 eggs
1 cup (250ml) milk

Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Place the flour, baking powder, 1 cup (120gm) cheese, ham and pineapple in a bowl and mix to combine. Place the oil, tomato paste, egg and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Spoon into 12 x 1/2 cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Makes 12.


To view what the others are making, Time For Tea, drop by I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC).

IHCC Donna Hay Badge resized


I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event, where the ingredient for this month is Cheese, organized by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Alice of I Love.I Cook.I Bake




OT3/14

23 comments:

  1. Wow, my husband would love these for Sunday breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh a sweet and savoury muffin all at the same time! Now I have a legitimate reason to have pizza for breakfast! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. H Joyce , you are full of surprises and I love them , my girls is going to love helping me make these Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super rico y goloso me llevo tu receta,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the idea of pizza in a handful "cup".... not messy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is really perfect for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love savoury muffins. These look good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these ( Hawaiian ) pizza muffins , so tasty and really good with a cup of my milky coffee :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cool muffin - pizza muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of these. Pineapple, cheese and ham. What more could one ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love savory muffins, I think even more than sweet ones, so this is a must make. I love Donna Hay and her recipes I hope you are enjoying cooking from her as much as I do. I have to print this one up before I forget about it. I think Hubby will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not one to normally go bonkers over pizza, I must admit, Joyce, these Pizza Muffins sure do add a twist to my thinking. I'd love to try them with a cup of tea! Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. How I wish I can get to eat this right away. I sure need to bake more, 7 isn't enough....

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound wonderful for tea but would make a great grab-and-go snack....my kids would love them, especially customized to include their favourite pizza toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh ho ho ho this is such a great idea, Joyce! yummy!
    thks for linking this up at LTU cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  16.  Pizza muffin is one of my most favorite. I like this pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun idea to turn pizza into a muffin! My son would love this, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce,

    I remember this recipe. I have seen this before and thought of baking these for my boy's school lunchbox soon.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - pizza flavoured muffins - that is genius. Someone very near and dear to me favours a Hawaiian pizza over all others, so I know he would love these muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very fun muffin--perfect for tea time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think these muffins sound really appealing and I bet my daughter would really like them. Anything having to do with pizza is a sure way to win her over :)

    I especially like the idea of the salty ham with the sweet pineapple.

    ReplyDelete