Monday, June 19, 2017

Scrambled Eggs, Indian Style

This week at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), it is June Monthly Featured Dish/Ingredient Challenge : Asian Dishes. I wanted to make a curry dish, but did not have much time this week, so I've made this simple Scrambled Eggs, Indian Style, from Madhur Jaffrey



A quick, simple egg dish that is cooked in just minutes. Scrambled eggs are always perfect if you want a quick meal, and this style with chopped tomatoes, onions and fresh cilantro is delicious. Madhur Jaffrey says that the Indians like their scrambled eggs "hard". I don't mind them hard too, as they are great with rice when cooked this way. I've cooked them longer just as Madhur Jaffrey did, and ate these scrambled eggs with leftover rice for lunch, while my son had the eggs with some slices of homemade bread.


Scrambled Eggs, Indian Style
(100 Essential Curries, Madhur Jaffrey)
Serves 2-3
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh green coriander
1/2 - 1 hot green chilli, finely sliced
4 medium or large eggs, well beaten
salt and pepper, to taste

Melt the butter in a 25cm (10in) frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for a minute or until they begin to turn translucent. Add the chopped tomatoes, green coriander and sliced green chilli. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes soften a bit.
Pour in the beaten eggs. Sprinkle on salt and pepper lightly. Stir and move the eggs around with a fork. Indians like their scrambled eggs rather hard (cooked about 3 minutes), but you can stop whenever the desired consistency has been achieved.


I'm link this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), theme for this week
June Monthly Featured Dish/Ingredient Challenge : Asian Dishes

and

I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #18 hosted by 




4 comments:

  1. I am sure this is good even on its own! Excellent for a light dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, this scrambled eggs must be very tasty! Will try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! A winning scrambled eggs meal!

    ReplyDelete