Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Spicy Buckwheat Noodles

A simple and tasty noodle dish. One important ingredient here is the chilli oil, as it really makes the dish. Fuchsia Dunlop's Chilli Oil is simply fabulous.  It is easy to make and do not take much time at all.



Homemade Chilli Oil, recipe from Fuchsia Dunlop's book, Every Grain Of Rice. According to the author, Chilli Oil is "one of the essential ingredients in Sichuanese cold dishes, this is also used in dips for dumplings and other snacks."  I love this Chilli Oil! Tasty with that toasty fragrant chilli aroma. I've used Korean red chilli flakes, used for kimchi making, which is great, as it is not too spicy, yet with a light spicy heat, and they give a beautiful red hue to the oil.



A simple and easy noodle dish. There's an option to use cooked shredded chicken meat, of which I have omitted, and made it plain instead, as pictured in the book. The Chilli Oil is what makes this noodle tasty. Other ingredients that complement the oil; soy sauce, Chinkiang vinegar, sugar, salt, chopped garlic, spring onion greens and chopped fresh red chillies. Mix them with the cooked noodles, (taste and add more seasonings or chilli oil as needed), garnish with more red chillies and lots of chopped spring onion greens, you have a tasty bowl of noodle.  Delicious eaten either warm or cold. 


The recipe for Spicy Buckwheat Noodles can be found here.
The recipe for Chilli Oil can be found here. Note : I use Korean chilli flakes, the ones used for making kimchi


I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #18 hosted by 



7 comments:

  1. So appetizing! Cool that you even made your own chili oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are still sharing creative meals dear Joyce. Thank you...hope all is well in your little corner of the world. I'm doing okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that chilli oil looks amazing! Great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your noodles look so spicy delicious! I want to try making the chilli oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! Sounds great, Joyce! I want to make that chilli oil! Yoour dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my ! That plate of spicy buckwheat noodles really really made me drooling! Slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Joyce! look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete